John F. Pipia - President
Formed Pac Starr in late 1995 with the simple investment philosophy of maximizing profit through creative solutions. Mr. Pipia has over 36 years of comprehensive real estate experience, and has blended both his institutional experience and his entrepreneurial expertise to build a highly professional and dedicated team to capitalize on opportunities for both value added and core income properties within the California real estate market.
President and Managing Member, responsible for acquisition, management and dispositions. Since its formation, Pac Starr has acquired , managed and disposed of several properties in both Southern and Northern California, including office/industrial business parks, individual office and industrial properties of close to 500,000 square feet in total and a major full service CBD hotel exceeding 500 rooms. It has also negotiated and closed financing in excess of $220,000,000. Significant value creation has occurred through repositioning properties, upgrading improvements and tenancy, and focusing on bottom line results.
His extensive past experience includes:
- President and Chief Operating Officer of a major opportunity fund. Key results during his tenure include $448 million in equity raised from over 35 domestic and international investors; closed and managed over $1billion in various acquisitions one of which contained over 200 individual assets; and negotiated and closed over $725 million of secured and unsecured financings. He established and directed strategic alliances with third-parties to leverage resources and source investment opportunities in a cost efficient manner.
- Chairman, Credit Policy of First American Bankshares, which was a corporate turn-around situation. He took control of and stabilized an asset portfolio of approximately $6 billion and also helped dispose of a significant part of it. As a result, the troubled company was successfully sold and merged into First Union Corp., one of the largest financial institutions in the U.S.
- Managing Director and Head of Nationwide Corporate Finance of Citibank. For over 21 years he held senior positions on both national and regional levels. He was involved in lending, real estate investment banking and major restructures and problem management. He also conceived and oversaw the formation of Citibank-Asia Real Estate, a comprehensive global real estate operation in all the major countries of Asia including Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia, and the Philippines.
- U.S. Army including assignments in the Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (Provisional), the 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) in Germany and combat assignments as an Infantry Company Commander and a Division General Staff-Intelligence Officer in Vietnam.
- Graduate of Fordham University, (B.A. 1959) and Claremont University, Graduate School of Business in Advanced Management (Program 1980).